Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes that are easy to make! These mashed potatoes are thick, creamy, garlicky, and a little cheesy. They are perfect as a side dish and they can be part of a delicious vegan thanksgiving dinner. Try them once and I’m pretty sure you’ll make over and over again!
The Best Garlic Mashed Potatoes
The perfect combination of savory, buttery, garlicky, cheezy and comfort. These vegan garlic mashed potatoes have a very thick, yet fluffy texture. The flavor is also unreal, and you will definitely want a generous portion! This is the side dish you’ll want to make for thanksgiving or special dinners to impress all of your non-vegan guests!
I still remember the very first time I made these mashed potatoes. Anthony, and I just could not stop eating them! We ate the entire batch in one night and had zero regrets. I hope that you love them as much as we do! Make it as side for a fancy dinner or add them to a quick lunch. I love adding them to chickpeas, broccolini and portobello mushrooms just like below:
Tips and Substitutes:
- I recommend trying to use Yukon Gold Potatoes but I have also used red potatoes and kennebec.
- I prefer Miykos butter but Earth balance is also a great option. If you don’t like butter olive oil also work well if you prefer the olive oil taste.
- I strongly believe fresh garlic is a must for this recipe but you can also use garlic powder if you are out.
- Fresh rosemary is my favorite herb for this dish but you can also use dried basil, oregano, parsley or thyme if you’re a fan!
- These mashed potatoes are perfect for pairing with vegan meats such as the Gardein Holiday Roast.
- It also pairs well with vegan sausages, portabella mushrooms and chickpeas.
Try adding it as a side to some of these recipes:
Vegan Roast Recipe
Crispy Breaded Tofu
Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes that are easy to make! These mashed potatoes are thick, creamy, garlicky, and a little cheesy. They are perfect as a side dish and they can be part of a delicious vegan thanksgiving dinner.
- 3 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Miyoko’s or Earth Balance vegan butter
1/2-3/4 cup Plant-Based Milk (I used almond)
1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
1 Tsp Fresh Rosemary, minced
Salt to taste
Dice potatoes into 2-3 inch pieces a faster cooking time.
Set a medium pot of water to boil. Once boiling set to a low/medium simmer and add potatoes. Cook for 12-20 minutes depending on size.
Poke with a fork to check softness. Once done drain, let cool off and peel potatoes if you’d like. Mash well.
In the same pot add vegan butter and garlic to medium heat. Let cook for 1-2 minutes until garlic is golden.
Add plant-based milk and nutritional yeast, mix well with butter and garlic. I recommend adding 1/2 cup milk to begin and then add more after potatoes have been added to achieve desired texture.
Add salt and fresh rosemary. Mix well and taste. Adjust salt, nutritional yeast, and milk if needed.
Serve with homemade vegan gravy or pair with your favorite vegan meats/chickpeas and more!
- Prep Time:5
- Cook Time:20
Keywords: vegan garlic mashed potatoes, vegan mashed potatoes, vegan thanksgiving side dishes