What makes this Quinoa Black Bean Salad so great?
Ready in about 30 minutes: Why spend so much time in the kitchen when you can be in and out in such a short time!
Meal prep friendly: This is a great recipe to use for meal prep because it will only take you about 30 minutes to make a meal for 2-3 days or even tho whole week. To batch cook or meal prep just double or triple the ingredients to meet the amount of servings you want to make.
Easy clean up: You will only need 1 pan/pot to make this Quinoa Black Bean Salad recipe! This makes your weeknights so much easier and gives you more time to relax.
High in protein and fiber: This meal will keep you full for a longer period of time since it is packed with all the essential amino acids (complete protein, woohoo!) and lots of fiber.
It’s absolutely delicious: This recipe is simple but packs a ton of flavor! The spices, seasonings and Mexican ingredients make it one of my favorite meal-prep recipes.
Tips and Substitutes:
More Delicious Meal Prep Recipes:
30 Easy Vegan Meals for a Busy WeekPrint
Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- Total Time: 35
- Yield: ~4 cups cooked
- Diet: Vegan
The 1-pan Mexican-inspired Quinoa Black Bean Salad! This flavorful recipe is great for meal prep, easy weeknight dinner or take to a get-together. The clean up will be easy and quick and you won’t believe how delicious it is!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1–2 avocados
- Cilantro to garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil. Add the onion and jalapeño. Sauté for 1-2 minutes and then add the garlic and cumin. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, quinoa, and diced tomatoes. Lower to simmer with lid. Cook for 10-15 minutes until quinoa is done.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add black beans, corn, chili powder and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Let cool off completely to serve chilled or serve warm.
- Serve and add avocado, cilantro, and lime juice!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Mexican
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: quinoa black bean salad, 1 pot meals, easy vegan recipes