What makes these Healthy Vegan Pancakes?
I fully believe that everyone should enjoy a nice stack of pancakes regardless of their dietary restrictions or medical conditions. These healthy vegan blueberry pancakes are made with 3 main nutritious ingredients: Oat flour, flaxseed meal, and blueberries.
Oat flour is high in fiber and low glycemic which prevents blood sugar from spiking and dipping. Fiber will also keep you full for a longer period of time, so when you eat these pancakes you will feel satisfied until you next meal!
The flaxseed meal used to make the flax egg is high in healthy fats, omega-3 fatty acids. These types of healthy fats help protect your heart and cardiovascular system.
Last but not least we have the blueberries! Blueberries are rich in antioxidants which help fight inflammation. Multiple studies show that a diet rich in antioxidants can help prevent cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
Tips and Substitutes:
More Vegan Brunch Ideas:Print
Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Diet: Vegan
These fluffy, vegan, gluten-free, blueberry pancakes are perfect for a weekend breakfast/brunch. They are made with oat flour making them diabetes-friendly and low glycemic!
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons of water
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup oatmeal made with rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup blueberries (optional)
- Make flax egg by combining water and flaxseed meal in a small bowl. Beat and let it rest.
- Add all the wet ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Mix about 1 1/2 cup of rolled oats to make 1 1/4 cup of oatmeal.
- Add the oatmeal, baking powder, and baking soda to the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients. Also add flax egg.
- Beat until well combined. Add the blueberries.
- Turn the pan to medium heat and spray with nonstick spray or use a teaspoon of vegan butter.
- Pour about 1/2 cup batter into skillet and cook until small bubbles form or about 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat the previous step until we use all the dough. Serve and top with fresh berries, nut butter, and maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Serving Size: 6-8 servings
One thought on “Vegan Blueberry Pancakes (Oat Flour)”
Best pancakes I ever made !