The best, fluffy vegan waffles you will ever try! This recipe is a classic take on the fluffy waffle. Soft on the inside but crispy on the outside. Enjoy these waffles for a lazy weekend brunch with fresh berries, maple syrup, and a glass of plant-based milk on the side.
THE Fluffy Vegan Waffles
There is just something so special about waking up on a weekend and enjoying some homemade waffles. Not to toot my own horn …but this waffle recipe is the BEST recipe you will ever try — vegan or not!
I tested this recipe over 10 times since I first made it and I’m excited to share it with you guy! This easy waffle recipe will give you the most perfect, fluffy and crispy waffle you have ever tasted. Soft in the middle and crispy golden on the outside.
Get ready to make the best vegan breakfast you will ever have!
Tips and Substitutes:
Use GF All-Purpose Flour for best results. You can also use a 50/50 mix of oat flour and GF all-purpose flour. I’ve tried both and was not disappointed!
- Lemon juice for apple cider vinegar.
- Coconut oil/canola oil for vegan butter.
- Brown sugar/cane sugar for maple syrup.
- Unsweetened soy/oat milk for almond milk.
Avoid over-mixing! To get nice, fluffy vegan waffles you must not over-mix. It is ok to have a few lumps — it’s actually better to have some. The batter should be thick, not runny but not dry.
Some of my favorite topping combinations:
Mixed berries with almond butter or cashew butter and a bit of maple syrup.
Sliced banana, cinnamon, peanut butter and maple syrup.
Figs, blueberries, golden berries and cashew butter.
More Vegan Brunch Recipes:
The Best Vegan Omelette
Oat Flour Blueberry Pancakes
Vegan Mexican ChilaquilesPrint
The best vegan waffles you will ever try! This recipe is a classic take on the fluffy waffle. Soft on the inside but crispy on the outside. Enjoy with fresh berries, maple syrup, and a glass of plant-based milk on the side.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Make vegan buttermilk by mixing almond milk, vanilla extract, and ACV in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the baking powder and salt.
- Add the maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of the melted butter, and buttermilk to the large bowl with the flour. Use a spatula to combine all the ingredients; don’t over mix, lumps are fine. Preheat the waffle iron. Use the other tablespoon of butter to lightly grease the waffle iron. This amount of butter should work for all waffles. Measure out 1/2 cup of batter and pour into waffle iron. Close and cook.
- Your waffle maker should let you know when it’s ready, but in case you don’t just check when steam stops coming out, that means it’s ready!
- Serve fresh and top with your favorite fruits, nut butters, and maple syrup.
- Prep Time:10
- Cook Time:15
- Method:Waffle Iron
Keywords: vegan waffles, Vegan gluten free waffles, cirspy waffles, fluffy waffles