The Best Vegan Quesadilla Recipe
What Makes this Vegan Quesadilla Recipe the BEST?
This quesadilla recipe was inspired by one of my favorite childhood memories in the LA area. I grew up in southern California where they serve the best Mexican food, especially the street-style Mexican food! As you may already know, the best kind of Mexican food is always served out of a truck or hole-in-the-wall place.
When I was about 4 years old, my parents used to take me to this tiny Mexican place in LA that served the best loaded quesadillas! I will never forget how those quesadillas taste and realized that I could not live without them.. so I did what any vegan would do: Veganize it!
I’m very proud of how these came out and super grateful for vegan alternatives for cheese and meat. I hope you give this one a try!
Tips and Substitutes:
Vegan Quesadilla Recipe (Loaded)
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 4 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This loaded vegan quesadilla recipe will satisfy your Mexican food cravings and take your quesadilla game to a whole new level! This recipe was inspired by street food quesadillas I used to eat with my parents when I lived in SoCal.
- 2 extra large flour tortillas
- 1 package of grated vegan cheese (see recommendations above)
- 1 pack of Impossible Meat
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1/2 can of corn kernels
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the onion and poblano peppers into small strips. Open can of corn, drain and rinse.
- Turn a large skillet over medium heat and add a splash of water. Add the onion and peppers at the same time. Sauté for 6-7 minutes, defrosting with a splash of water all over the place.
- Add ground beef impossible. Use a spatula to break up and create crumbs. Add cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Add a splash of water. Cook for 10 minutes or until golden.
- After about 10 minutes, add the corn kernels and cook for another minute or so until completely hot. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- While the skillet is heating up, add grated cheese to the tortillas and add the filling right on top while it’s still hot. Fold the tortilla in half to close.
- Place the closed tortilla in the pan and turn after about 5 minutes. This can vary depending on the type of pan and stove you are using. Use a spatula to check and avoid burns.
- Repeat the process until 3-4 tortillas are done. Serve with fresh guacamole, salsa, or sour cream!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Mexican
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 4 servings
Keywords: vegan quesadilla recipe, vegan quesadilla, vegetarian quesadilla
More Popular Vegan Recipes:
Vegan Flautas (Crispy Taquitos)