Get ready to make the best Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme! Use this recipe as a guide to make YOUR perfect crunchwrap and I promise you, you won’t regret a thing.
What is a Crunchwrap Supreme?
Taco Bell started it all: The crunchwrap supreme is loaded with seasoned ground beef, nacho cheese, sour cream, lettuce and tomato all wrapped inside a large flour tortilla. There is also a corn tortilla hidden inside that gives it that amazing crunch! These wraps are satisfying, indulgent, and super fun to make and eat.
I will admit.. Taco Bell was definitely my favorite fast food. I was never much of a fast food lover but something about Taco Bell just kept bringing me back. Disclaimer: Taco Bell is NOT Mexican food, it’s more like that late night munchie spot you crawl to after a night out with your friends… oh college how I miss ya.
Let me show you how to make a BETTER tasting version: the Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme – Healthy Simple Yum Style!
Tips and Substitutes:
I use the extra large flour tortilla made for burritos. I have not seen a whole grain version of these but I’m sure it exists! I don’t recommend getting the small ones though.. less satisfying when you wrap it up haha.
There are so many options for a vegan meat! Since this is one of my fun meals I decide to go all out and use Impossible meat.
If you’re not a fan of vegan meats try one of these:
Lentils, black beans, jackfruit, shredded king oyster mushroom.
I recommend going with a shredded vegan cheddar and nacho cheese sauce for best results.
Click here to check out my vegan nacho cheese sauce recipe.
I recommend getting Follow Your Heart or Miyoko’s shredded cheddar!
Lettuce and tomato is a must for the Crunchwrap! It just completes it for me. However, feel free to add veggies as you please. Here is another Crunchwrap I made with corn kernels and avocado:
The crunch is the best part in my opinion! Buy pre-made corn tostadas or make your own by baking them or air-frying. You can find the Guerrero brand tostadas at almost any large grocery store.
Other delicious recipes for you:
Vegan Nachos Cheese Sauce (Queso)Print
Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme
- Total Time: 30 minutes
The best vegan crunchwrap supreme to satisfy your Taco Bell cravings in the comfort of your own home!
- 4 extra large flour tortillas
- 4 corn tostadas
- 1 package of ground beef impossible (see above for substitutes)
- 1 package shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 1 cup vegan nacho cheese
- 1/2 head of lettuce
- 2–3 tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn a skillet over medium heat and add oil. Once hot, add the chopped onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add vegan meat or protein of your choice along with chili powder, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Taste and adjust flavors as needed. Set aside.
- While the vegan meat is cooking, chop the tomatoes and grate the lettuce. Gather the rest of the ingredients to build Crunchwraps.
- Turn a large griddle on to medium-high heat.
- Place a flour tortilla on a large cutting board and add a toast-sized amount of vegan nacho cheese in the middle.
- Next, add about 1/2 cup of vegan beef, toast, lettuce, tomato, grated vegan cheese, and sour cream.
- Next, fold up your Crunchwrap! Watch this video that will show you exactly how.
- Brush the Crunchwrap with a little oil and grill for 2-4 minutes on each side until golden and crispy on the outside.
- Repeat steps 6-8 until you do 4-5 Crunchwraps and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Serving Size: 4 servings