Creamy Vegan Garlic Mashed Potatoes that are easy to make! These mashed potatoes are thick, creamy, garlicky, and a little cheesy. They are perfect as a side dish and they can be part of a delicious vegan thanksgiving dinner.
- 3 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Miyoko’s or Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1/2-3/4 cup Plant-Based Milk (I used almond)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tsp Fresh Rosemary, minced
- Salt to taste
- Dice potatoes into 2-3 inch pieces a faster cooking time.
- Set a medium pot of water to boil. Once boiling set to a low/medium simmer and add potatoes. Cook for 12-20 minutes depending on size.
- Poke with a fork to check softness. Once done drain, let cool off and peel potatoes if you’d like. Mash well.
- In the same pot add vegan butter and garlic to medium heat. Let cook for 1-2 minutes until garlic is golden.
- Add plant-based milk and nutritional yeast, mix well with butter and garlic. I recommend adding 1/2 cup milk to begin and then add more after potatoes have been added to achieve desired texture.
- Add salt and fresh rosemary. Mix well and taste. Adjust salt, nutritional yeast, and milk if needed.
- Serve with homemade vegan gravy or pair with your favorite vegan meats/chickpeas and more!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 5 servings
Keywords: vegan garlic mashed potatoes, vegan mashed potatoes, vegan thanksgiving side dishes