This Vegan Arroz con Leche (Mexican Rice Pudding) is sweet, creamy, comforting, and perfect for indulging. This cinnamon rice dessert is made with dairy-free milk, super easy to make, and you’ll only need 5 main ingredients.
Vegan Arroz con Leche
This dessert is the ultimate Mexican dessert that brings back so many childhood memories. I am so happy to announce that this Vegan Arroz con Leche has also been Mexican-mom-approved! We all know how important that is 😉
Arroz con Leche is the perfect dessert to make for gatherings and parties as it’s pretty easy and you’ll only need to wash one pot. It is also picky-eater friendly and definitely a crowd-pleaser. Make it the day before and refrigerate it to enjoy the next day or for the entire week! You’ll definitely want to make a double (or even triple) batch of this one.
Vegan Arroz con Leche Recipe Highlights
- Dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free
- Only 5 main ingredients
- Low effort, quick, and easy
- Only 1 pot is needed (fewer dishes!)
- Absolutely delicious & Authentic
Ingredients and Tips:
- Rice – must use long grain rice. I used jasmine rice recently and loved it.
- Milk – I recommend using soy milk if possible for the best results. I used silk soy milk. Any plant-based milk should work, just be mindful of flavored milk such as coconut milk, or sweetened milk.
- Cinnamon – You MUST use cinnamon sticks to cook the rice. You can add sprinkled cinnamon on top after serving. Optional but also recommended.
- Sugar – Add to taste of course and substitute with stevia if needed. My sweet spot is somewhere between 3/4 and 1 cup of sugar and I don’t have a big sweet tooth for reference. You can also use maple syrup if you prefer. If using maple syrup try 1/2 cup and then adjust to taste.
- Vanilla extract: I love adding a hint of vanilla flavor and really recommend it!
*Stay nearby while the rice is simmering in the milk and stir often to avoid it burning or cooking unevenly.
*store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.