These Mason Jar Soups are the perfect lazy, easy meal prep for the winter. Comforting and ready-to-eat soup with minimal effort and no actual cooking. This satisfying soup is also balanced with protein, lots of fiber, and nutrients.
Mason Jar Soups
Do you hate meal prepping as much as I do? These mason jar soups are the answer. They are super easy to put together, cozy, delicious, and balanced. Meal prep should only take about 15-20 minutes when making these mason jar soups. All you have to do is slice your vegetables, dice tofu or just add your protein of choice, and place everything into a few mason jars.
As a dietitian, I aim to create recipes that are already balanced and nutritious for you. This one is perfectly balanced with protein, lots of veggies, and carbohydrates. This is the secret formula to keep you energized, satisfied, and nourished during the workday. This recipe is also easy to personalize to your liking. See the tips below for more ideas!
Ingredients and Substitute ideas:
- Rice noodles: Ride noodles cook very fast, they also have a great texture and are gluten-free! If you need to substitute these, pick any instant noodles that can cook for just 5-7 minutes in boiling hot water.
- Bouillon or Miso Paste: I typically use Better than Bouillon vegetable paste or a good Vegan miso paste. You can also use bouillon powder or your favorite soup base!
- Vegetables: Use whatever veggies you prefer. I highly recommend shiitake mushrooms, shredded cabbage, bean sprouts, corn kernels, and bell peppers.
- Protein: I personally love to just dice tofu cubes and marinate them in some soy sauce, sriracha, and toasted sesame oil. You can also use edamame beans, seitan, vegan chicken, or whatever you’d like!
Tips and Tricks for the Best Mason Jar Soups
- Make sure to use mason jars that have a wide opening on top so it is easier to eat.
- Add extra favors of choice such as grated ginger, chili paste, chili powder, brown sugar, lime juice, and more.
- Make a list before going to the grocery store to assure you have all your favorite ingredients.
- Keep in the fridge for a maximum of 5 days.
- After putting the hot water in, soak the mason jar well. Since the water is boiling hot, use oven mitts or kitchen towels to shake it.