The best and easiest vegan fried rice you’ll ever make! It’s flavorful, filling, and even meal-prep friendly.
Vegan Fried Rice
Fried rice holds a special place in my heart. It reminds me of late-night studying in college while stuffing my face with fried rice and sipping milk tea. I can now happily stuff my face with a vegan version that I can make at home with only 11 ingredients!
This is the perfect recipe for those that want flavorful fried rice but also want to stay on the healthier side. It is also super easy to make and can take under 20 minutes if you already have rice cooked.
Tips and Substitutes:
- Want to add “egg” to your fried rice? I highly recommend using Just Egg or making scrambled tofu. To make scrambled tofu just sauté 1/2 a block of crumbled tofu in a pan with avocado oil, turmeric, black salt, pepper, and salt.
- Not a fan of butter? You can substitute with avocado oil or canola oil.
- To help save time I typically have canned corn, frozen peas, and frozen brown rice.
- I like Trader Joe’s frozen brown rice because it’s fast, easy and to be honest it has a better texture than homemade brown rice. The downside is the plastic wrapping of course, so I try to limit myself from using it all the time. You can also substitute with white rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice!
- Gluten-free? Thank goodness for Tamari! Good-bye soy sauce and hello Tamari.
- You can use chili sauce of choice. However, I recommend Huy Fong Garlic Chili sauce or Sriracha. You can also use chili powder.
- Pro tip: always cook extra rice! Use it for one dish and use the leftovers to make fried rice or a new dish the next day.
This Vegan Fried Rice pairs well with:
Vegan Fried Rice
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Diet: Vegan
Veggie-packed vegan fried rice that is easy to make and absolutely delicious!
- 1 cup Brown Rice, cooked
2 tbsp Vegan Butter
1 tsp Garlic, minced
1 medium Carrot, diced
1/4 cup Onion, diced
1/4 cup Corn Kernels
1/2 cup Mushrooms, diced
1/4-1/2 cups Peas
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Chili Sauce
2 Green Onions
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook rice if you haven’t already and set aside to cool off.
- Dice vegetables. If using canned veggies, open cans, drain, and rinse.
- Heat a large pan on medium and add 1 tbsp vegan butter/oil. Add diced onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next add garlic, carrots, corn, and mushrooms. Cook for another 5 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Turn the heat up slightly and now add the 2nd tbsp of vegan butter/oil and immediately add peas and rice. Fry rice for 1-2 minutes and then add soy sauce, chili sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well until combined and cook for another 2 minutes to allow bottom layer of rice to get a bit crispy.
- Serve and top off with diced green onions.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 2 servings
Keywords: vegan fried rice