This savory, saucy, peanut sauce tofu will take your tofu game to another level! Pair it with a side of rice and some veggies for a perfectly balanced meal.
The Best Peanut Sauce Tofu Recipe
Have you ever tried savory Thai peanut sauce? It is one of the most popular and flavorful sauces because of it’s nuttiness and umami goodness but with a hint of sweetness!
Perhaps you’ve tried in a Thai dish or dipped some spring rolls in it before. I have reinvented a version of peanut sauce for tofu! It is perfect to make a tofu dish with, just add some rice or noodles, veggies and more chili sauce if you’d like. This sauce will give your tofu a whole new meaning!
If you’re looking for a yummy noodle peanut sauce recipe I highly recommend checking out this noodle recipe by Janet of Munchmeals!
Check these general tips to achieve best texture when cooking tofu!
Tips and Tricks:
- Season tofu with garlic powder. Garlic powder will provide extra flavor as well as a more meaty/crispy texture.
- Use sauces! My favorite sauces to use include soy sauce, tamari, sweet chili sauce and sriracha. Use sauces before air frying AND after for best results. In this case I already give you a recipe for a sauce to use.
- Nutritional yeast….THE BEST! TRY IT! It acts as a flour-like breading to coat the surface for extra crispiness and of course flavor. I include it in my recipe below.
- Freeze and fully defrost tofu before cooking. This texture is unreal and pretty similar to chicken. Make sure to press your tofu or buy high protein tofu. You can press your tofu after it has defrosted fully.
- Air fried tofu is the best tofu! Air fry at 375 for 22-25 minutes. Flip/mix every 7-8 minutes to cook evenly. You can also bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes also flipping every 7-8 minutes for best results.
- PRO TIP: If you’re baking it use a silicone mat! This will help you achieve an ultimate level of crisp that you can normally only get using an air fryer. I have linked the one I have.