Prep time: 10 min
Cooke time: 15 min
Serves: 4-6 portions
Vodka sauce is a rich and creamy tomato sauce. Yes, it does have vodka! Yes, it normally is made with heavy cream and parmesan. This vegan version will make you question ever having the original EVER again!
In 30 minutes or less you can have a delicious, restaurant ready pasta dish in your very own dining room table.
Frequently asked questions:
Can I use canned tomato sauce/crushed tomatoes instead?
– Yes! You may use any form of tomato. I have also used my favorite basil marinara out of a jar. Taste will change of course but the fun part of recipes is making them your own.
Do I need to use vodka?
– The vodka helps release a lot of flavors out of the garlic, onion and red pepper flakes. You don’t HAVE to use it would I do recommend it.
I don’t have cashews, what else can I use?
– Skinless almonds and silken tofu work well! If you plan to use silken tofu make sure to add 1 tbsp olive oil to sub in the fat you’re missing out from the cashews/almonds.
Which vegan butter is best to use?
– I recommend using Earth Balance.
Can I use lime instead of lemon?
– I don’t recommend. It’s better to use apple cider vinegar as a sub if you don’t have lemon.
What kind of vegetables can I add?
– Make it your own! I love adding zucchini, broccoli and mushrooms. Also feel free to add vegan chicken, meatballs etc.