A creamy, saucy, and flavorful Vegan Pasta alla Vodka. This pasta dish is high in protein, healthy fats, and a ton of flavor! It’s a comfort meal you’ll want to cozy up with this fall and winter season but perfect year-round.
What is Vegan Pasta alla Vodka?
Vegan Pasta alla Vodka is a plant-based take on one of the most comforting pasta dishes in the world. Vodka sauce is a rich and creamy tomato sauce. Yes, it does have vodka! Yes, it normally is made with heavy cream and parmesan. This vegan version will make you question ever having the original EVER again! A lot more nourishing without leaving the flavor behind.
In 30 minutes or less you can have a delicious, restaurant ready pasta dish in your very own dining room table.
Frequently asked questions:
Can I use canned tomato sauce/crushed tomatoes instead?
– Yes! You may use any form of tomato. I have also used my favorite basil marinara out of a jar. Taste will change of course but the fun part of recipes is making them your own.
Do I need to use vodka?
– The vodka helps release a lot of flavors out of the garlic, onion and red pepper flakes. You don’t HAVE to use it would I do recommend it.
I don’t have cashews, what else can I use?
– Skinless almonds and silken tofu work well! If you plan to use silken tofu make sure to add 1 tbsp olive oil to sub in the fat you’re missing out from the cashews/almonds.
Which vegan butter is best to use?
– I recommend using Earth Balance.
Can I use lime instead of lemon?
– I don’t recommend. It’s better to use apple cider vinegar as a sub if you don’t have lemon.
What kind of vegetables can I add?
– Make it your own! I love adding zucchini, broccoli and mushrooms. Also feel free to add vegan chicken, meatballs etc.
More Delicious Vegan Pasta Dishes:Print
Vegan Pasta Alla Vodka
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Diet: Vegan
A creamy, saucy, and flavorful Vegan Pasta alla Vodka. This pasta dish is high in protein, healthy fats, and a ton of flavor! It’s a comfort meal you’ll want to cozy up with this fall and winter season.
- 16 oz pasta of your choice
- 28 oz can whole Italian tomatoes
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 / 2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta al dente in salted water according to box/bag.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and red pepper flakes. Sauté for 1 minute. Add the vodka, minced garlic, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the tomato puree into the skillet.
- Blend the soaked cashews, water, lemon juice, salt (to taste), and nutritional yeast until super smooth.
- Add the cashew cream to the skillet, stir well, and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add sauce to cooked pasta and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
One thought on “Vegan Pasta Alla Vodka”
Perfectly written subject matter, thankyou for entropy.