This espagueti verde (green spaghetti) is a creamy, savory Mexican pasta sauce that is absolutely irresistible. This delicious sauce is made with roasted poblano peppers, spinach, onions, Serrano peppers, cilantro, and soaked cashews.
- 3 poblano peppers
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/2 onion
- 1–2 serrano peppers (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Roast poblano peppers on a griddle, oven, or air fryer until they are charred on both sides.
- Immediately place poblano peppers in a plastic bag and tightly seal them to allow the peppers to sweat.
- Deseed, destem, and peel poblano peppers.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over choice of pasta or serve with tortilla chips, or any Mexican dish.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: espagueti verde, poblano sauce, mexican pesto, mexican spaghetti, mexican pasta