Vegan Cotija Instructions:
- Add Cashew or Almond flour into medium bowl and mix in nutritional yeast and salt.
Juice half a lemon and add lemon juice to the mix little by little to make sure it does not get soggy. You want clumps to form but overall have a dry texture.
- If using oven instead of air fryer, preheat oven to 400 F.
- Stack tortillas in stacks of 3 and use a knife to cut like a pizza into 8 slices each.
- Brush HALF of your tortilla pieces in a little avocado oil and air fry or bake for 10-15 minutes until crispy. If air-frying set temperature to 375 F.
- Turn on stove to medium heat and add 1 Tbsp avocado oil to medium/large pan. Sauté the other half of your tortilla pieces in oil for 5-7 minutes. This helps create diverse texture so you’re not just eating tortilla “chips”, you have soft tortilla pieces and crunchy ones in the mix.
- Once crunchy pieces are ready, add to the pan and immediately add Just Egg. Cook for 5 minutes until the Just Egg mixture thickens up and cooks thoroughly.
- Add salsa verde and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes while mixing the salsa in. The amount of salsa added is personal preference, I personally love them to be soaked in salsa!
- Serve in a bowl with cilantro, avocado slices and vegan cotija 🙂