This Greek Chickpea Salad recipe with a twist, is one of the easiest, quickest most flavorful meals you can make. It is packed with protein, nutrients, antioxidants, healthy fats and is super versatile. Check out my tips below to modify it to your liking!
Mediterranean food is known for its wonderful health benefits and anti-inflammatory properties. The main reason for this is because of the high amounts of omega-3’s, vegetables and plant-based proteins!
Tips and Substitutes:
I love using chickpeas for this recipe because of the texture. You can also use lentils or tofu feta for the protein! I have used all three and love them all. If you want to make homemade feta, check out my favorite vegan feta recipe by Hannah from Two Spoons!
I highly recommend using cucumber or zucchini. If you want a more fresh-tasting meal go for cucumber. If you want a hearty hot meal choose zucchini. Red onion, cherry tomatoes and olives are all great choices too!
I tend to lean more towards fresh parsley but you can choose any fresh herbs that you like! I have used cilantro and basil in the past as well. Za’atar also goes really well with this recipe. I recommend purchasing this Za’atar by a wonderful vegan blogger local to the Bay Area!
I love love love adding dolmas to this meal! I think they pair perfectly well. I get my dolmas from Trader Joe’s so I’m not sure how authentic they are haha. I also recommend adding cayenne or red pepper flakes if you like spice.
Greek Chickpea Salad
- Total Time: 20 minutes
This greek chickpea salad can be served warm or chilled. It’s super easy to, packed with flavor, protein and fiber! Make it for meal-prep lunches or bring to a party.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Za’atar seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dolmas (optional)
- Open can of chickpeas, drain and rinse.
- Chop the zucchini, onion and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Turn a skillet over medium heat and sauté the onions in a little olive oil. Next, add the zucchini and sauté for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas along with the za’atar, salt, pepper, and parsley. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put out the fire. Add the cherry tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Serve with dolmas and add more fresh parsley!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Serving Size: 4 servings
Greek Chickpea Salad Highlights
Fast and easy to make
Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids
High in protein
Filled with fiber
Delicious and savory!