Super easy and fast vegan Tinga recipe. Shredded vegan chicken with a flavorful smoked sauce; Authentic Mexican Tinga made from plants!
- 2 large cans jackfruit (3 cups grated)
- 1 tablespoon of neutral oil
- 3 cups diced tomato
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1–2 teaspoons vegan Better Than Bouillon
- 2–3 chipotles in adobo, diced
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Open the cans of jackfruit, drain and rinse well to remove the brine flavor. Pat dry with a paper towel and set aside.
- Make a vegetable broth by whisking Better than Bouillon in 1/4 cup of water.
- Turn a skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Once the oil is hot add the chopped onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, diced chipotles, adobo sauce, cumin, and oregano. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes until the tomatoes are cooked through. Crush the tomatoes with the back of the spoon as they cook for more sauce.
- After about 10 minutes, add the jackfruit, salt, pepper, mix well and simmer for an additional 6-7 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve with tostadas, in a salad, burrito, or in tacos!
* ideal for preparing meals, flavors marinate well overnight
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Vegan, Mexican, Herbal, Jackfruit