These stuffed jalapeños made in the air fryer are the perfect Mexican antojito. They are spicy, flavorful, cheesy, and satisfying. These air-fried jalapeños are the perfect appetizer (aka antojito) while also being nutritious and healthy!
Stuffed Jalapeños Air Fryer
I love making stuffed anything so I’m stoked to share this recipe with you all! It was inspired by Mas by Denise, so check out her YouTube channel for more delicious vegan Mexican recipes. These Air fried stuffed jalapeños are super easy and fun to make and will blow anyone’s mind. They are perfect for small gathers, Cinco de Mayo parties, or just regular days when you’re craving them 🙂
I like to brag about these because they’re so wholesome and nutritious. It’s made with only 4 simple ingredients: jalapeños, beans, vegan cheese, and guacamole. You got your veggies, protein, and healthy fat! They are perfect for most diet restrictions; diabetes, vegan, vegetarian, celiac disease) gluten-free, and those watching their cholesterol levels.
- Jalapeños: I like using jalapeños because they are the perfect amount of spicy for me (well USUALLY, sometimes you can get that really spicy one haha). However, you can use any pepper you’d like. Another good pepper that you can use that is milder is poblano or Anaheim Chile.
- Make sure to scoop out as many seeds from inside your jalapeño to make it less spicy.
- Beans: Use any beans of your choice! I used pinto beans because that’s what I had but you can also use black beans, lentils, or even garbanzos!
- Vegan cheese: okay this is what will make or break your stuffed jalapeños! I highly recommend using Follow Your Heart shreds for the best results. I get mine at whole foods or Safeway. This is the best melting and browning cheese. If you can’t find it nearby you can also make your own. I have a good recipe for vegan cheese that stretches and browns.
Tips for the best stuffed jalapenos (air fryer):
- All air fryers are a little different so make sure that you watch them throughout to avoid burning them.
- Make sure to peel your jalapeños after air frying them and before stuffing them with cheese/beans.
- Eat them in tacos, burritos, with tortilla chips, or all by themselves.