This authentic Mexican Torta recipe takes me back to summers in Michoacan Mexico. It is hearty, flavorful, and delicious! The combination of jackfruit carnitas, refried beans, avocado, jalapenos, and crunchy lettuce will leave you wanting more. Make sure to give this Mexican Sandwich a try!
What is a Mexican Torta?
Tips and Substitutes:
Do I have to use Jackfruit/Carnitas for my Mexican Torta?
- Soyrizo – vegan chorizo. Trader Joe’s carries a delicious one for $1.99.
- Extra refried beans – This will also make it a super easy recipe!
- Thick slice of tofu – Cut a thick slice of extra firm tofu and fry with a little oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and nutritional yeast.
- King oyster or portobello mushrooms – Shred using a fork if using king oyster mushrooms. Use same seasonings/sauces as you would with jackfruit.
- Seitan – you can either choose to make your own or buy store bought.