A creamy, saucy, and flavorful Vegan Pasta alla Vodka. This pasta dish is high in protein, healthy fats, and a ton of flavor! It’s a comfort meal you’ll want to cozy up with this fall and winter season.
- 16 oz pasta of your choice
- 28 oz can whole Italian tomatoes
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 / 2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta al dente in salted water according to box/bag.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and red pepper flakes. Sauté for 1 minute. Add the vodka, minced garlic, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the tomato puree into the skillet.
- Blend the soaked cashews, water, lemon juice, salt (to taste), and nutritional yeast until super smooth.
- Add the cashew cream to the skillet, stir well, and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add sauce to cooked pasta and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 cup