These vegan chilaquiles are the perfect Mexican breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Crispy, air-fried tortillas mixed in with a savory guajillo sauce and vegan egg. They are easy to make and high in protein, fiber, and flavor!
- 7 dried guajillo or california chiles
- 2 chiles de arbor (Optional, spicy)
- 1 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion
- Salt to taste
- 8 Corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (any neutral oil)
- 1/2 container of Just Egg
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese
- 1 avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- Vegan sour cream
- Soak dried guajillo chilies overnight or for 2 hours in hot water.
- Add soaked chilies, water, garlic, salt, and onion to a blender and blend until a smooth chili sauce forms.
- Stack 3 tortillas on top of each other and slice them evenly 6 ways to create little triangle chips out of the tortillas. Add them to a mixing bowl and lightly coat with oil.
- Add tortilla triangles to the air fryer and fry for 8-12 minutes depending on how crispy you’d like them.
- Add tortilla chips to a pan on medium heat. Add a drizzle of extra oil and pour in Just Egg. Cook for 5 minutes until egg thickens up.
- Next, add about 1/2-1 cup chili sauce. The amount you add depends on your preference. You can use leftover sauce for many other recipes!
- Quickly mix it in with the tortillas and just egg.
- Add vegan shredded mozzarella on top and close the pan using the lid so the cheese can melt. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until it melts.
- Turn heat off and serve chilaquiles. Top with avocado, cilantro, salsa, vegan sour cream and more.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: vegan chilaquiles, chilaquiles rojos, vegan breakfast recipes